Topic: What's your favorite LWorks Game?

Mine is Beep. It has probably one of the most gripping story lines in any audio game.
I can't imagine how long it took to code that.

Re: What's your favorite LWorks Game?

Mine is blinded guide, good humor and just fun to play.
And then there is also super liam

ashleygrobler04 wrote:

Mine is blinded guide, good humor and just fun to play.
And then there is also super liam

Blinded guide is a lot of fun. I should revisit that in future.

my favorite is judgment day and the former audio archery. Audio archery was a game i grew up with and i was sad to see it go

The one I keep coming back to is Super Egg Hunt. The Great Toy Robbery would probably be a close second.

Mine is judgment day and perhaps super liam

This may sound a bit strange,

Although my favorite L-Works game is Super Liam (especially since my mother bought it for me as a Christmas present once), my second favorite is the "Super Liam Concept Demo."

Why you may ask? I liked that you weren't able to use the laser gun while in water. Also, that seen when Super Liam transitions between levels 1 and 2, there was a "portal" he needed to jump through instead of a gust of wind.

I enjoyed blinded guide. For some reason the concept was hilarious... someone more inept at walking than I? Also did not help I intetionally walked the crash test dummy into every hazard to hear the responses on the game over screens. Kind of hope it gets an update that takes our poor hapless protagonist through new and terrifying environments.

As the world ends around him, the fabric of reality rips from the seams, and the armies of Heaven and Hell battle for the fate of mankind....bob still has to deal with that damned dog during his mandated mobility instruction.

A lot of people told me they would run him in to things on purpose to see what noise she'd make. Lol.

If we're talking released games, judgement day. Non released, brain station. That looks fun.

all of l-works titles are fun for me

I prefer super egg hunt, the great toy robbery, and Blinded guide.
Super liam, somehow reminds me of keewees which I don't like mutch, so i avoid it. I mean it's a great game, but i never get past level like 2 or so.

The fire shall consume you

keewees? Explain?

14 (edited by gangster Nov-Tue-2019 23:36:28)

my favorite game: (Super Eghunt plus) because I love the sound of a very good game and walking. The in-game mode was great in coding. So, a small question, which library do you get these walking sounds from?

I absolutely have no idea, but it reminds me of keewees anyways. I think it's because I eight a keewee while playing it then losing on it.

The fire shall consume you

TheRisingPhoenix wrote:

I absolutely have no idea, but it reminds me of keewees anyways. I think it's because I eight a keewee while playing it then losing on it.

Makes sense... Kind of lol.

17 (edited by Defender Nov-Wed-2019 16:35:52)

Mine is Super Liam (Version 1 thankyouverymuch!) because it reminds me of my childhood, before things got so complicated.  So does Supershot, but it doesn't give me the same intense nostalgia hit as SL still does.
It's true that the game doesn't really stack up to modern titles now, though it's still pretty fun regardless, but as sappy as it sounds, that classic L-works logo and menu music almost bring a tear to my eye.

I remember firing up SL after several years just for old times sake, and I had to stop and think about my past for a few minutes before continuing.  It brings back memories of sitting at my old desk in Gresham Oregon on a hot summer day, playing on my Dell with XP and using stereo computer speakers rather than headphones, something I haven't done for ages.
Birds chirping and dogs barking, kids yelling while running back and forth between the pool and the playground, and of course the icecream truck would show up at some point.  I would play a few games, and SL would almost always be one of them, and then I'd go outside (grudgingly at first) to play with my friend and enjoy the pool or have a shootout with water guns or swing on the swing sets or play soccer in the back yards where the junipers and mint would grow all year round.

It was a much simpler time in my life, when we had money to buy some of the things we wanted, my (also blind) father had time to play audio games with me, and though it was still low income housing and therefore a somewhat sketchy area, it was my normal.
I think I've said it before, but Super Liam is my Super Mario, essentially.  Since I was born between two generations, in 1996, and I never got into mainstream games like some blind kids did, at least not until much later in life.

I remember the first time I tried playing it, my dad insisted on trying without the manual, and even at the age of ten I knew that was a bad idea.  We started up the game and he walked blithely forward right into the first enemy, then continued into the first dog, all while not knowing how to fire since all games we'd played before this used space rather than control to fire.
He tried a few times like that, while I wined impatiently for him to RTFM, and then we got to the first monkey and it was all over.  We laughed for a good 5 minutes and rushed to tell my mom about the hilarious coconut dropping monkeys and the (still fantastic) head bonking sound it made when your character got hit by one.  She was blind too, but not nearly as interested in games as us, and wasn't nearly as impressed.

When I started playing by my self, every new environment was an almost magical experience.  To those playing the Triple A mainstream games of the day, such a comparatively simple game probably wouldn't have elicited such a reaction, but for me, having only played Jim Kitchen's titles and games from the greatly missed UK Audio Network at that point, it was something spectacular.
I remember reflexively ducking when gorillabot got too close, being intimidated by airbot's low pitched walking sound (a sort of, he better not touch me o god!) kind of reaction, and disturbed by cyclebot given that many of my nightmares at the time featured lawnmowers or cars trying to run me down in a huge open area while I desperately attempted to float off the ground to escape them, but only could do so for a second or two at a time.

The worst though was the lava level, or so I thought.  The first time I jumped into a fire pit by accident and heard the scream I was horrified by the concept of that much pain.  I hadn't given it much thought before that, but soon after it occupied my thoughts more and still does to this day somewhat, though that isn't uncommon and I doubt this actually caused it, but just brought it to my attention.  And I thought the loud and sudden scream when falling into the Sewers or the nerves when judging the distance for the rattlesnakes was bad!
So I would always inch forward with great care and try desperately to distinguish the regular footsteps from the pit ones (not nearly as hard as I made it out to be as a kid looking back) basically squeezing my eyes shut and praying for this russian roulette  to pay off and show me that awesome spaceship level I heard on Raul's review.

Then I got to the volcano escape act and good god, that was terrifying.  I had no way of being so careful without dieing, and that caused me to stop playing the game for a few months.
Once I came back to it though and beat it, I soon discovered the fans...  And so started yet another nail biting saga, since it was much harder to avoid the scary sound with no warning steps and some of the fans could be pretty quiet!
Amusing note on the fans though, when I revisited SL a few years later and was going through the sound files out of curiosity, I found the fan death sound again and realized it was just an apple being sliced, and that kickstarted my transition from making sounds with my mouth to the huge world of sound design.
Nowadays I can beat the game pretty easily and only lose a couple lives in the process, but every bit of that game's world, every act and sudden enemy attack is drenched in memory for me.

Defender. That is totally awesome.
It's truly humbling to think that a game had that much imact on someone's life.
It's true the game did not age well, but I feel it was an important piece of history.

Mine is Super Egg Hunt.
Pritty sure it was the first audiogame that i ever played.
I even got my sighted brother to play it.

myne is super egg hunt
the first audiogame that i have played, coming up with topspeed as the second one

i love super egg hunt plus and great toy robbery:) However in super egg hunt, i found about 80  trofies and can't get the other 12 yet:( if anyone has tips please share:)